Hawaii is home to some of the world's most beautiful and luxurious wedding destinations and venues. Whether it's an elopement or a grand destination celebration, we cannot say enough about the wonderful boutique wedding and event planning team at Moana Events.
Owner and creative director Morgan Childs brought together and impressive vision that has allowed her and her team to build an incredible portfolio of custom-designed celebrations across Kauai, Oahu, Lanai and the Big Island of Hawaii and earn accolades from industry heavy-hitters such as Vogue, Bride, US Weekly, Style Me Pretty and more!
Moana Events' mission is as beautiful as their work:
"We believe in CELEBRATING life’s occasions. Bringing people together in beautiful environments and creating opportunities for JOY. We believe in SERVING our clients well. We believe in getting to know our clients and what is important to them, being their advocates throughout the planning process and respecting their investment. We believe that BEAUTIFUL environments and MEANINGFUL details make a difference."
"Custom design is a gift and there is no better job we can do than to get to know our clients so well that we can make their dream day a reality. We believe in TRANSPARENCY, HONESTY and RESPECT in dealing with our clients and vendors. We believe in GIVING BACK. We partner with Aloha Harvest to donate any and all leftover food from our events to the needy in our community. We also partner with our florists to donate flowers after our events to hospitals and nursing homes. We provide career coaching & host clothing drives for Dress for Success to benefit disadvantaged women."
For more information about Moana Events, visit their website: www.moanaevents.com
Music is an integral part of every wedding day! As entertainment specialists, we always have songs ready when couples ask for suggestions on important music moments for the big day, like the first dance, parent dances, ceremony recessionals and more, but one of the most important wedding playlists you need is for the cocktail hour!
A mix of styles is key to keeping the mood light and happy while guests are mingling and enjoying drinks and hors d'oeuvres. The Downbeat LA music team has compiled a list of songs you can find by following the Cocktail Hour Favorites playlist on Spotify, or you can check out the songs below in a range of categories, including Contemporary, Motown/Soul, Country, Classic, Reggae and more!
- All of Me - John Legend
- Alaska - Maggie Rogers
- Everything - Michael Buble
- Better Together - Us The Duo
- Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
- You Are The Best Thing - Ray La Montagne
- Latch (Acoustic) - Sam Smiith
- Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
- Perfect (Duet) - Ed Sheeran, Beyonce
- #Beautiful - Mariah Carey, Miguel
- I Do (Cherish You) - 98 Degrees
- I Choose You - Sara Bareilles
- Valerie - Mark Ronson, Amy Winehouse
- A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
- Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
- Collide - Howie Day
- Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing - Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell
- Baby Love - The Supremes
- For Once In My Life - Stevie Wonder
- You Make My Dreams - Daryl Hall & John Oates
- The Way You Do The Things You Do - The Temptations
- This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) - Natalie Cole
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love - Branches
- Havana (Acoustic) - Matt Johnson
- What's Going On - John Legend
- XO - John Mayer
- Let Me Love You - Fitz and The Tantrums
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) - James Taylor
- Someone To Watch Over Me - Ella Fitzgerald
- Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
- By Your Side - Sade
- God Gave Me You - Blake Shelton
- God, Your Mama, And Me - Florida Georgia Line, Backstreet Boys
- Wanted - Hunter Hayes
- Tennis Shoes - Nashville Cast, Lennon & Maisy
AMFM was invited to provide the live entertainment for an event hosted at a Los Angeles icon of luxury hospitality, the InterContinental in Century City, which boasts incredible event spaces and private venues onsite. With an all-white theme, acts performing throughout the night and amazing food and cocktails, the party didn't stop for guests celebrating throughout the evening.
New Year, new trends! 2018 has already seen some gorgeous winter weddings, but the entire year lies ahead and there are new trends to incorporate into planning for the big day! Our friends at Brides.com compiled a list of 2018's biggest wedding trends from celebrity planners and industry pros, and we wanted to share our favorites:
1. "Greenery instead of fabric drapery for outdoor, tented weddings. Think clear tents with lush greenery installations to bring in that natural element and really make things feel organic" - Mindy Weiss, Mindy Weiss Party Consultants
Some of Mindy's other trend predictions for 2018 include metallic colors, French service dinners, smaller but more flowers, gift lounges, less focus on the wedding cake, less-traditional invites, colored candles, balloons, less-formal invitations, and Italian touches.
2. "A big call for casual vibes: lawn games, umbrella-topped picnic table seating, local craft brews, al fresco lighting, and an overall chill garden party vibe." - Calder Clark of Calder Clark
3. "As we anxiously await the next Royal Wedding in May, we think American couples will also embrace the British tradition of children-only bridal parties. A group of charming flower girls and ring bearers make adorable attendants for an elegant bride—we think the flock of adult bridesmaids have had their day." - Laurie Arons of Laurie Arons Special Events
4. "Bold and dramatic floral patterns! From the tablecloths to paper and the dance floor, we're seeing dramatic floral prints with saturated colors on black backgrounds as a huge trend right now." - Shannon Leahy of Shannon Leahy Events
5. " The biggest wedding trend will be couples moving to more modern, clean, and minimal wedding styles. From stationery that is not filled with loopy calligraphy to minimal table designs, I think the trend coming up will be a less-is-more approach to the wedding. I do not want people to think that a minimal approach means we are doing away with installs or thinking outside of the box for decor, but I think couples will invest in a few more magical things, rather than multiple, less special things." - Jove Meyer of Jove Meyer Events
6. "The after-party is no longer an afterthought. It has become a critical part of the wedding celebration with its own entertainment experiences!" - Augusta Cole and Lynn Easton of Easton Events
7. "Destination weddings continue to be big! And our clients are thinking bigger—we have couples coming to us saying things like, “Wouldn’t it be epic if all of our friends vacationed in Italy together?!” Well, you can! Invite lists become smaller and the goal becomes more about creating authenticity, creating an environment that is relaxing and inspiring, and giving their guests the best possible time." - Alison Laesser-Keck and Bryan Keck of Alison & Bryan
Gold Standard travels to Hawaii every year to celebrate The Howard Hughes Corporation's annual Brokers Awards Gala held at Ward Village in Waikiki Beach. The event planning team at Blake Entertainment pulls out all the stops by bringing in the band's full 10-piece ensemble with a show-stopping horn section to keep the crowd partying all night!
The evening is always full of world-class cuisine, craft cocktails, themed make-up artists and high energy live entertainment to help the company celebrate and recognize its local real estate brokers and their achievements. See more from this event in the gallery below:
There's something about 80's music that always puts us in a great mood! This era of music was fueled by infectious dance-pop hits that are still widely popular and requested today! Downbeat LA put together a playlist of epic 80's Party Hits on Spotify you can follow and listen to anytime you're in the mood to travel back in time. Check out our song picks below, did your favorites make the cut?
- Super Freak - Rick James
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
- Rock The Casbah - The Clash
- Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
- Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham!
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) - Whitney Houston
- We Built This City - Starship
- I'm So Excited - The Pointer Sisters
- How Will I Know - Whitney Houston
- Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen
- Come On Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners
- Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
- What's Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner
- Let's Dance - David Bowie
- Kiss - Prince
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
- Crush On You - The Jets
- Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car - Billy OceanSomebody's Watching Me - Rockwell
- Candy - Cameo
- Dancing Queen - ABBA
Dance band Soultones rang in the New Year at a stunning Downtown LA wedding and had the pleasure of working alongside the dream photography team at Villa Visuals. These Southern California-based photographers clearly love what they do, as we witnessed first hand how incredibly they captured the evening and all of the bride and groom's special moments.
"For us, wedding photography has always been about telling the whole story - honoring where people have come from and celebrating where they’re going. More than a wedding day, it’s the start of a marriage. Because love is the best thing we do." - Villa Visuals
If you're looking for a photographer to capture your special day or event, visit Villa Visuals at their website to learn more: www.villavisuals.com
Soultones is known for creating the best live entertainment experience to ensure newlywed brides and grooms always get the wedding of their dreams! The band recently performed at a gorgeous wedding held in Downtown LA's Alexandria Ballrooms, and as you can see below there was never a dull moment during the performance!
The venue was staged beautifully and the band's singers and musicians made sure to keep the energy going all night by making their way onto the dance floor to party alongside the bride and groom and all of their guests during each set!
Having the three-piece horn section made all the difference, as the dance floor stayed packed and all of the band members made their way out onto it to dance with the guests!
The venue was decorated beautifully for the newlyweds!
Have a look at some of the winter decor:
If you are interested in booking entertainment from Downbeat LA, click here for a free quote!
The venue experience provided picturesque waterfalls, gardens and surprise hidden tunnels, all built by Harry Houdini himself. ChowNow truly created an evening of enchantment while AMFM kept the crowd dancing all night under the stars.
Thinking about booking AMFM for your event?
Our favorite artists have released some incredible holiday songs and albums this season, including Sia, Gwen Stefani, Pentatonix, Kelly Clarkson, Ellie Goulding, Fifth Harmony and more! We put them all in one place for you to enjoy during your holiday travels and celebrations this year! Listen to our Holiday Pop Favorites 2017 playlist on Spotify
Here's some of our favorite videos:
"Cole Drake Events is an experienced team of luxury wedding and event planners in the Napa and Sonoma Wine Country with a combined experience of over than 20 years of design and production. Their philosophy is to keep your event or wedding day authentic to who you are and therefore to your vision. Through creative dedication, they strive to focus on creating a sensory story within your event, sharing your story, your life, your vision, in a simply beautiful, inventive way."
Boasting a "planning foundation based on appealing to the senses, using Honesty, Authenticity, Creativity, and (a sh*t ton of) Humor with just a smidge of sarcasm," Cole Drake's portfolio speaks for itself! Gold Standard performed at the garden wedding this dream team designed at Napa's Calistoga Ranch and it was absolutely breathtaking - have a look:
For more information on Cole Drake Events, visit their website at www.coledrake.com
TruBlu - Downbeat LA's newest jazz band - recently performed at The Modern in Long Beach for an exciting holiday event hosted by the one and only Facebook. These social media and networking giants certainly know how to throw a party, and the crowd was buzzing as the band performed both classic and modern songs with a jazz twist.
Have a look at the performance below:
New Year's Eve marks the celebration of new beginnings, which is why it's also the perfectnight for a wedding! This holiday is a big deal for many who uphold traditions and attend annual parties, so couples planning New Year's Eve weddings have the big responsibility of exceeding guest expectations when planning the party of a lifetime.
There are plenty of ways to tastefully incorporate the New Year's theme into your celebration without having to sacrifice the traditional elements of a wedding. Here's what Downbeat LA suggests:
1. BLACK TIE AFFAIR
Take your party to the next level by enforcing a black tie dress code. Tuxedos and long gowns make for a festively formal night of celebration.
2. METALLIC COLOR PALETTE
Whether it's accents in your floral arrangements and tablescapes or you go all in with bridal party colors, don't be afraid to incorporate gold and silver metallics to give the evening a New Year's twist.
3. GUEST PARTY FAVORS
Make party favors available to guests looking to ring in the New Year the traditional way, with noisemakers, hats, poppers, confetti cannons, and more! These can be at every table or displayed in a separate location closer to midnight.
4. NEW YEAR'S COUNTDOWN
Have you band or DJ conduct the celebratory countdown to midnight. You want to make sure guests are all on the dance floor together to share in the big moment of the night. Don't forget to have a song chosen to mark the New Year (ask your band or DJ for recommendations).
5. MIDNIGHT CHAMPAGNE TOAST
A champagne toast is a perfect way to ring in the New Year surrounded by your loved ones. If you have more grandiose ideas for when the clock strikes midnight, talk to your venue about coordinating a balloon or confetti drop for the ultimate surprise!
Downbeat LA celebrated a successful year by hosting their annual holiday party at Greenbar Distillery in Downtown LA. The evening was full of live performances, delicious organic craft cocktails, local fare and so much more.
Winter is just around the corner, and for couples whose weddings fall between the months of December and March, there are so many incredible ideas out there for throwing the perfect seasonal wedding. If you happen to live in a snowy climate, you have the whimsy of snow and wonderland in your favor, but snow isn't the only factor when planning for a winter wedding.
Picture faux fur accents, leather and velvet fabrics, deep jewel tone and metallic color palettes, hot chocolate and mulled wine bars, evergreen foliage in the floral arrangements, cozy lounges with fireplaces, candle-lit tablescapes and so much more. It's one thing to read about it, but it's another thing to see it.
Take a look at these photos for more winter wedding inspiration:
Happy holidays, and happy winter wedding planning!
Your Grand Entrance song is a big deal. It's THE song that lets everyone know that you're about to come in the room and get the party started, and it's the first song that gets people on their feet, sets the vibe, and starts the night off.
With so many songs to pick from to match your taste and style, here are a few of our favorite hip-hop songs to kick the night off right! Playlist brought to you by Los Angeles-based DJ, DJ BSHAW:
1. Good Life - Kanye West, T-Pain
2. Bring Em Out - T.I.
3. Party Up - DMX
4. HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar
5. Whoomp! - Tag Team
6. Feel So Good - Mase
Gold Standard had a blast performing at the recent wedding between Jessica and Brandon Price at The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara. What made the night even more special was getting to work with the rockstar team at Marianne Wilson Photography. From the absolutely stunning portraits to the candid moments on the dance floor that were captured, we couldn't recommend these photographers more!
This Southern California-based husband and wife photography team provides "awesome photos for rad people," and their end products are simply stunning! Not only were they great to work with, but they certainly know how to capture the magic of a wedding!
For more information about Marianne Wilson Photography, visit them at their website here.