Weddings - no matter how big or small - involve a certain degree of planning and design. Some couples may opt for a smaller scale, DIY route while others have more extravagant and involved plans in mind.
Downbeat LA consulted with expert wedding planner Bianca of Rosé Events to gain insight into how couples can choose the right wedding planner for their big day and decide on a planning package that fits their needs and style best.
"Are you the couple who just wants to show up to the party, or do you want to be included in the decisions and details?"
Whaley suggests couples first figure out the answers to the following questions?
- What is the total wedding budget?
- How much do you want to be involved in the process?
There are wedding planners who offer full-service planning, which includes conception, design and execution from the engagement to the "I Do's", and there are coordinators who simply offer services for the month or day-of. Some packages can be customized to incorporate design and decor elements, but its important to nail down which is best for you, so Rosé Events has broken down the pros and cons:
FULL-SERVICE PLANNING: THE PROS
- LESS STRESS!
- Someone to share your ideas with who can run with them and make it happen.
- Viewpoint from someone who can offer unbiased ideas, opinions and suggestions other than family members and loved ones.
FULL-SERVICE PLANNING: THE CONS
- COST! Full-service planning typically requires a large budget.
MONTH/DAY-OF COORDINATION: THE PROS
- Suitable for lower budgets.
- If you're someone who already likes to be in control and is organized and detail-oriented, you don't have to pay someone to do extensive planning for you.
- You still get support close to and on the big day to help you stay in the moment and enjoy it.
MONTH/DAY-OF COORDINATION: THE CONS
- MORE STRESS! You can't just show up to the party, as there are more details to work on and think about leading up to the big day.
At the end of the day, the most important thing is to be ready for your big day! So whether you have a small or large budget, we highly recommend hiring a professional to help with your event!